Friday, April 29, 2011

Snapshots of our Easter

Easter morning we went to church for Sunday School and then our church had their Cantata for the adults and an egg hunt for the children. It was my turn to work with the kids that day, so I missed the Cantata and sermon, but did enjoy teaching the kids about Jesus resurrection. After church we went down to my cousin's house for a big Easter egg hunt and lunch. Very fun day!

Here are Elsie and Seth before church. Our family colors this year were Hot Pink and Green.

Trying for a family picture at my cousins house.


Time for the big family egg hunt! There were about 200 plastic eggs (we learned long ago not to hide real eggs lol) filled with money, trinket toys and candy. My brother's family and one of my cousins wife and son had to miss this year, but we still had 30 people in attendance.

My Aunt Pam helping Elsie & Noah find eggs, with various other family members in the background.



Uncle Doug & Aunt Pam with a few of the kids hunting eggs.



Elsie found this topiary filled with eggs, so she stood there and collected them all. Smart cookie!



Kya finding and egg.



It started raining during the hunt, but that didn't deter the hunters, like Seth!


Look at all our eggs mom!


1 comment:

~aj~ said...

I love your pinks and greens! I had to google "Cantata" because I wasn't sure what it was. ;) I bet it was beautiful and hope you get to enjoy it next year. In the meantime, know that you were doing an awesome thing by teaching the children the true meaning of Easter!

Blog Backgrounds