Kya started Kindergarten on Monday. This is a whole new experience for her from preschool. New school, new teacher and new friends. She likes everything about it, but currently she is the only girl and of course she would like to have some little girls to play with. There are supposed to be 12 kids in her class and I did see some girls names, but so far only 8 kids have come to school. The good thing is that they combine all 3 kindergarten classes for recess and lunch, so she will be able to play with the girls in the other classes.
She told me today that she is enjoying learning new songs and hearing new stories being read. The best thing though was they made chocolate chip cookies yesterday! lol
I thought of having her hold a sign with the grade and year at the last minute. But I love the idea so much, that I am going to go out and buy a small chalkboard to do this with all the kids each year.

Our dog Nud had to sniff the sign.

I am sure she grew up overnight. I think she looks so much older all of a sudden and I am not sure how I feel about it. lol
3 comments:
So sweet! Great idea with the chalkboard. I may have to steal - er- borrow that idea! :)
The only girl?!?! What's with that. Those other 4 better be girls. :)
And I am soooo stealing your chalkboard idea. LOVE IT!
Post a Comment