Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Mom's Garden Party

A few months back, I told my mom I was interested in becoming a Party Planner, but didn't know where to start. She suggested I throw a few parties for other people for free, just charging for the supplies needed and that she would be my first *customer*. We set a date, colors (green, pink and yellow) and theme. Being that it was going to be held in her backyard patio, the theme was pretty much set up for us as a Garden Theme. Easy peasy!

**Disclaimer: Some of the pictures came out dark. As soon as I download my new photoshop and learn to use it, I will then replace these pictures with brightened up ones. But at least these will give you an idea for now.

Here is a small view of the table and patio awning. I made pom poms out of tissue paper and hung them up with string along with a few lanterns.
Another view, this time with the food/drink table in the background.

I bought this gazebo a few years back and thought it would be the perfect centerpiece for an outdoor party. I just made a nest and added a porcelain bird. I really wanted to buy some fake grass to use instead of the green cloth, but never did have time. :(

For the place mats, I took large doilies and glued pink & green tissue paper to the back. I thought it turned out pretty cute.

Drinks were served in mason jars with pink & green ribbon tied around them and a green straw.

Again, I wanted to use yellow napkins, but never did have the time to go out an buy them. My mom just happened to have these green/white checkered ones that worked out okay.

Here is a look at the table from an overhead shot.

So that the ladies didn't have to go inside for drinks or food, I set up a table outside. Just a couple of days before the party, I found these pink/green bowls in the dollar section at Target. Awesome find and I plan on using them for Elsie's birthday too.
The peach tea is on a cake stand, lined with one of the doilies to give it some height. I also used my 2 tier serving stand to add height as well.
On the menu: Chicken salad with walnuts and apples, served on croissant rolls./ Broccoli Salad/ Spinach, almond and strawberry salad. Drinks: Peach Tea and Spa Cucumber Water
The peach tea with a label I made tied on with ribbon.

Bringing the outdoors in and the indoors out is really popular right now. I found this antique table in my mom's shed that was perfect for the food and drinks.

Apple Martini's were a big hit! I added a maraschino cherry for additional color and a slice of green apple as a garnish.

A couple of weeks ago, I came across a tiramisu recipe that you could put into individual tea cups and I thought it was the perfect idea for my MOPS annual tea party. Then I walked into Michael's and found these mini flower pots on sale for half off and thought they would be perfect for my mom's garden party!
By the way, the tiramisu was yummmy! So Cute!

The ladies all had a fabulous time. I heard that all five women cried at one time or another, that there were lots of laughter and a time of prayer. I think it is so special that these women have all (except one) known each other for over 30 years!
Ladies, I had a fabulous time planning and putting together this party for you. Thank you for your words of wisdom and your shinning example of what a Godly woman should be. The advice you gave me regarding parenting is something that I will cherish and put into good use.

7 comments:

~Cassie said...

Super cute! Great job Jenn! Can't wait to try the tiramisu! That is my favorite dessert! ;)

Sheila said...

Looks so good, inspired by many of the ideas. You are so creative and responsible. Makings of a great event planner!

Rebeca said...

Looks wonderful, so creative, colorful and so well put together! Great Job!

Little Moos and My Creative Pink. said...

I love the tiramisu idea and nothing better then a lovely garden party. Great job!

~aj~ said...

Looks beautiful, Jennifer!

Kristin said...

Jennifer, you did great! I think it was all so beautiful!

Sounds like a really special time and I just love that you gave them such a lovely setting for their intimate little gathering.

(I just bought those same exact bowls at Target for Autumn's b-day and Jessica's shower!) :)

Hee hee "tables" is my word verification word for this.

Livin’ The Yeh Life’s said...

Very cute, Jennifer! Great job!!

Blog Backgrounds