Okay, this is mainly for me to remember what a crazy day yesterday was. No pictures.
Yesterday, it rained all day long with only a break for maybe an hour. Of course, it was during that hour I was home and not out in it. Otherwise, my kids and I had to endure the down pour. It started out with Seth & I taking Elsie to the doctor. I bundled the kids up and took them out to the van one by one. Then we drove the 30 minute drive through flooded streets. I made sure to drive slowly and to wait until the car in front of me made it through the deep water before I drove through. Then we arrived at the doctors office, only to have to park about a half block away. I loaded both kids into the double stroller, threw a large fleece blanket over them and trudged through the rain. Once inside the office I unbundled them and took Seth to the potty. Five minutes later we were in the exam room when Seth decided to poop in his pants. grrrr. So back to the bathroom we went to get him cleaned up. Elsie was examined by the doctor and we found out that she has a Sty under her eye, a throat infection and herpes sores in her mouth. Turns out the herpes is an airborne virus that she contacted from a little girl in our church nursery. This little girls mom did contact me to let me know she had come down with it last week, so we were prepared.
After our doctor visit, we bundled back up and re-loaded the kids into the van. Drove to Target because Elsie was down to her last 3 diapers. I unloaded the kids, shopped and reloaded the kids. Of course, by this time I am pretty wet!
Drove to Walgreen to fill Elsie's prescription (Thank God for drive thru!!!!)
Went to the gas station for gas.
Drove home and unloaded the kids. Cooked lunch, ate lunch, went back to Walgreen's to pick up the prescription.
Came home for an hour, then bundled the kids back up, loaded them in the van and drove to Kya's school. Unloaded the kids, secured them in the stroller with the large blanket over them again. Walked the one block to get Kya. Retrieved my daughter, walked back to the van, loaded the kids and drove home in the rain. Got them all in the house and down for a nap, where I finally relaxed with my Hot Cocoa and Pumpkin Bread and stayed in the house for the rest of the day.
Gemini Chart 2021
2 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment