This is the 2nd time that our children have performed without anybody informing any of the parents ahead of time. I am not sure if they are trying to surprise us or not, but it is really, really, really annoying. 1) If I had known ahead of time that they were going to be performing, I could have found out what song they were to sing and practiced it with them at home. This is what we did for Kya's school program and she did GREAT, because she knew the words to the songs! On Sunday, both Kya and Seth just stood there (along with the majority of all the other kids) because they were not prepared. I mean seriously, you cannot expect a bunch of 2 & 3 year olds to know the words to a song they have only practiced one day a week. 2) I would know to bring my camera into church. Luckily, it was still out in the van from the night before; but the last time they sang we didn't have it and I know many parents were frustrated to not get their little one's first performance on film. 3) We could have invited our family to come and watch. So there is my complaint. Now I think I will have to address this with our worship director or at least find out who organizes these performances and have a talk with them.
Anyway, enjoy the pictures!
The entire preschool department singing.
Seth is looking like he really does not want to be up on stage and I am sure is thinking "please take these silly lamb ears off of my head!" I only say that, because he had taken them off a couple of times before even getting up on stage. lol

No comments:
Post a Comment