Monday, December 15, 2008

Living Nativity

On Saturday, our bible study met up at our house so that we could go see the Living Nativity together as a group. A church a few towns over, Granite Creek Community Church, recreates the story of Jesus Christ being born. It was very well put together with live animals (donkeys, cows, sheep, horses & llamas) and something I hope to do every year.

It was very cold outside, so you can see that everyone, except my husband, was bundled up. I sure don't envy all you parents who live where it snows. It took forever to get the kids dressed!

Here is part of our group heading over to the church.
I personally think the kids look cute in their winter attire. Poor Seth doesn't have any gloves, so his hands were cold.

Elsie could barely move in her coat. I had to pull her hood down so she could watch each scene.

Brooklyn decided she wanted to be bundled up in the stroller instead of having to walk out in the cold. I don't blame her!

Jay & Lindsey, our newlyweds, were great at helping us out with the kids.
You had the choice to either walk through each scene or drive. We decided to walk it, since one we had a large party and two we figured we would get more out of it and our kids could take it all in better. Each scene was about a 1 to 2 minutes long and performed very well by the church members.

It started off with harsh words from the Roman Soldiers telling us what to do and where to go, while the towns men begged for food and money.


Scene 1: Annunciation: Mary and The Angel Gabriel - The announcement to Mary that she would give birth to the Messiah is commonly called the Annunciation.
Scene 2: Joseph Considers Putting Mary Away (or ending their engagement)


Cute miniature donkeys



Scene 3: Mary Visits Elizabeth


Scene 4: Caesar Augustus Decrees All to Register


Scene 5: Mary and Joseph Traveling on the Road


Scene 6: Three Kings



Scene 7: No Room at the Inn



Scene 8: Angels Proclaiming the Birth of Jesus to the Shepherds in the Fields
Shepherd in the Fields

Scene 9: King Herod


Scene 10: Nativity


Afterwards, we all went back to our house for Hot Cocoa and Desert. The kids wore themselves out by playing hard and us adults enjoyed visiting with each other. I never did bring out the camera again once home and I don't know why I didn't take any pictures of the other animals. Especially Seth being ever so gentle with the sheep when they came up to sniff his hand.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I have always enjoyed the live nativity. Growing up we would walk go to one in Long Beach. Ladera started one about six years ago. It is always a nice evening followed by hot chocolate and scones!

Little Moos and My Creative Pink. said...

We went to the one just down the street, it was nice. We went to one last year and it was a much bigger production. This one was just perfect for the little ones. We bundled the little ones up too and Mason looked like the kid from The Christmas Story.. You guys have been busy!
Christina

Blog Backgrounds