Thursday, December 18, 2008

Seth and the Snow

After our big snow storm last night, I decided to take Seth up to Lytle Creek to show him the snow before picking Kya up from school. We will have to take Kya next week. Oh My Goodness, there were SOOOO many people up there! It is usually very quiet and we only see the local residents when ever we go up there to BBQ and hike. The park we like to go to was closed due to all the snow and there was really no where to park or even turn around. The van got stuck once, but I was able to get it out after a few minutes. I eventually found a safe place to turn around and head back down the mountain. Once we were almost down, I was able to pull over and let Seth out to experience the snow. He LOVED it. We will definitely have to go back. My mom and Elsie stayed in the van, as we only had a few minutes before having to get Kya, plus it was too cold for them.


Seth is feeling the snow for the first time.
and he LOVES it. He became very excited and let out a little screech of enthusiasm.

Then he tried pulling me down the hill and said, "let's go over here Mommy". To which I replied, "No, it is too steep and slippery down there" LOL
As we were leaving Seth yells out "Bye, Snow, Bye"
I can't wait until we can go back to play when we have more time and are dressed in warmer clothes. After living at the beach all my life, it still amazes me that I now only live 10 minutes from this beautiful country scene.

1 comment:

Little Moos and My Creative Pink. said...

It looks like Seth had "snow much fun" hehe, I crack myself up!
Okay for real he looks like he had a great time. I think it is really nice to be able to experience things with each individual child. I always tell Abigail, this is a mommy and Abby date. Whether she gets it or not I am not sure. We are planning to take the kids to see snow, but for us it is a much longer drive.
Christina

Blog Backgrounds