Saturday, March 30, 2013

AYSO Spring 2013

Seth and Elsie decided to try playing soccer this year. Elsie was on the Butterfly team with a bunch of 5/6 year old girls, while Seth was on the Blue Tiger's with 6/7 year old boys.  They learned a lot about the sport, team playing and most important made new friends.

 
Ready to play their 1st game
Kya had no desire to play, but enjoyed being their cheerleader and playing with the other siblings on the side line.
She always had her tongue hanging out while running.  Good thing she didn't bite it off!

They had lots of fun this year and Seth plans on playing again next year.  But this time I will put him in the city league, as I was not impressed with AYSO.  I didn't realize it was all volunteer coaching by the parents, the fields were a mess and they charge way too much and then expect you to sell dumb stuff for the fundraiser.  The city only plays on weeknights, freeing up our weekends and has a low cost fee with no fundraising.  Sounds like a much better deal.

Elsie wants to play tee ball, so it should be interesting trying to be at two places at the same time and of course with tee ball, we will still be busy on the weekends. lol  I may have to encourage Seth to play tee ball too, because I don't see how it would ever work out any other way.  Oh well, I have a year to figure it out.  I am just glad that 2 of my 3 kids enjoy playing sports.

No comments:

Blog Backgrounds