Sunday, December 23, 2012

Knotts Berry Farm 2012

Knotts Berry Farm honors our Military, Fire & Police by allowing them and one guest to get into the park for free and six more for only $25 each during the month of December. Since Wayne works for school police, we decided to take advantage this year and go.  This was the 1st time the kids have been here and more than 15 years for Wayne & I.

Wayne and the kids in front of the Knotts sign.  The sun was bright! lol

The kids and I in front of the entrance of Camp Snoopy

One thing that impressed me was that their was a nativity at the front entrance.  I find this to be a bold move in today's society and it makes me like Knotts that much more!

Snoopy!

One of the first things we did was go watch the Wild West Stunt show.  In case you have never been to Knotts, most of the park is based on the old west, which is perfect for our family.

Hanging out with the actors of the stunt show.

Posing on an old train.  I should have read the paper more, but I do recall it said it came here in 1941.

A quick visit with Santa Claus

Finally it was time go on some rides!  Here is Seth & Daddy on the old steam train.

The girls were pretty excited......until........

...we got held up....

....by train robbers!!!  Luckily, they turned out to be friendly robbers, but Kya wasn't completely sure.

Wayne and the kids decided to ride the Big Rapids (not mom, because I did not want to get wet!), but when they got to the front of the line, they learned that Elsie was too short to ride.  Oh boy was she angry!  I almost got the perfect picture of all three of them, but the raft suddenly turned.  boo.

Seth was just tall enough to ride some the big roller coasters.  He and I went on the Pony Express together and he loved it.   Unfortunately, when he and daddy went on Ghostrider later, he did not like it as it went waay to high for his liking.

Elsie played on the pony express horse while we rode.

Since she was not able to ride the bigger rides, she got to choose the next ride of the day.  The ferris wheel, which was not mommy's favorite. lol

We stayed in camp snoopy for a while before heading over to the ice show, where Linus quoted Luke 2 and stated that Christmas is all about Jesus!!!  It was the perfect time of day for the kids to rest a bit.

When we came out of the ice show, the weather had cooled quite a bit so it was time to pull out our jackets. We rode a few more rides, took this traditional picture with the painted statues and then headed to a fast food joint for a late dinner before heading home.  

We had such a fun day that we almost bought annual passes, but with Elsie being too short for many rides, we decided to wait until next year.  If you are not from California and make it out someday, I suggest you put Knotts on your list of things to do.  It is fairly reasonable in price, usually not crowded and truly a fun family activity.

No comments:

Blog Backgrounds