Saturday, July 14, 2012

Happy 6th Birthday Seth!

Seth is 6 years old and is growing into a fine young man.  He is 46 pounds (50%) and 47 3/4 (90%) inches tall.  He loves to play baseball, football and soccer.  He is learning to be a gentleman, even though it doesn't always carry through with his sisters.   He loves to play guitar and sing occasionally with his daddy's on stage at various churches.  He has memorized several bible verses and loves to pray.  As  he enters the 1st grade this year, I am excited to continue watching him grow.

We celebrated his birthday with an Outer Space theme.  It started with the invitation and carried through with the food and decor.

His cake

The ceiling is hard to see in this picture, but it is covered in stars and planet wall stickers, along with star lanterns.  I also put up posters of astronauts that my parents brought back from Washington and a couple of space shuttle toys.

The menu:  Rocket Dogs, Asteroid Beans, Rocket Fruit Sticks, Intergalactic Veggies, Meteorite Chips and Moon Crater Dip.

Some the of the food.  The Moon Crater Dip was actually spinach dip in a bread bowl. Cute!

We played a couple of games.  One was stick the Astronaut on the Moon and the other was the kids had to throw paper airplanes and try to get them the on the highest points on the runway.  The last game didn't really work out too well.

I couldn't believe  how many kids turned right, instead of walking straight towards the poster board.  Pretty funny.

Seth's favorite part was opening his presents.  When I asked him what he wanted, he said chaps for riding.  I then said what else and he said "whatever the people want to bring me.  I just want lots of gifts." lol

Blowing out the candles on his birthday cake.  He got all 3 with one blow.

The inside of the cake.


No comments:

Blog Backgrounds