Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Guerard Family Reunion

This past weekend, I had the opportunity to fly to North Carolina for a family reunion.  My mom recently began researching her genealogy and was able to find many of our cousins descending from her father's mother's dad.  Make sense? lol  Turns out he has an amazing history (including being the 1st to research Tuberculosis).  He had 14 children and built this 28,000 sq. ft house for them and his wives. (1st wife died of Tuberculosis).   This is the house we (his descendants) stayed in for the weekend.  It was truly amazing to learn about my family history and meet others members of the family.

The house my Great, Great Grandfather, Arthur Rose Guerard, built in the late 1800's and raised his 14 kids in.
4 of the living Grandchildren.  John, Hal, Madeline & Mary.  Mary was the only one who actually knew  Arthur Rose Guerard when she was young though.

My mom and I in front of the house

My mom and I in front of the lake (which ended up not showing  up in the picture)
Grandchildren and Great Grandchildren rocking together on the front porch.

No comments:

Blog Backgrounds