Friday, June 3, 2011

National Donut Day

Today is National Donut Day and every year Krispe Kreme gives one free donut per person. So we headed over this morning and got our free donut, visited with some MOPS friends and then took a box of donuts over to Wayne's work for them to enjoy.

We also got to experience a teachable moment, which I love. On our way out, we saw a homeless man in the parking lot with a sign saying he was hungry. I pulled over and asked if he would like a donut and he quietly said yes. I gave him his donut, wishing I could do more, and then while I was explaining to the kids about his situation, they said "and we gave him a donut because God told us to be kind to one another!" I am happy that they are understanding what it means to show God's love and to put others first.

No comments:

Blog Backgrounds