Sunday, February 27, 2011

Strawberry Shortcake Party

We celebrated Kya's 6th birthday last week. She originally wanted a Strawberry party, but then changed it to a Strawberry Shortcake, so I combined the two.

Here is the front of the invitation. I wanted to make a bunch more stuff, but our power went out a few days before the party and I didn't get my silhouette machine back to working until 5 days after the party. Bummer, but what can ya do?
The very 1st thing we did when all the kids arrived, was the pinata. Why so early you ask? Because it looked like rain! And, it actually started to rain while we were still out there, so good thing we got that out of the way.

CANDY!!!!

She is going to love this picture when she gets older. LOL Kya, just before opening her gifts.


She got so excited when we brought the cake out and everyone sang Happy Birthday.



And she blew out all 6 candles! This is a Strawberry Cake I made from scratch using a recipe from the Pioneer Woman. It came out looking very rustic, but it was quite yummy.

3 comments:

edwardsnlb said...

I loved that cake.

~aj~ said...

That cake is to die for! Glad Kya had a great birthday!

Livin’ The Yeh Life’s said...

So fun! Allison wants Strawberry Shortcake for her 6th birthday, too! I just got the invitations today. :)

Blog Backgrounds