Sunday, February 27, 2011

Looking for Snow!

All day Friday, the weather forecast kept saying we were getting a huge cold freeze coming through, along with snow down to the 500 elevation (which is LOW and unheard of here). So, being that I live at 1700 elevation, I went to bed very excited and fully expecting to see a blanket of snow right in my own backyard. Needless to say, I was very disappointed when I woke up to NO SNOW! Even the foothills above our house weren't covered in much more snow than we normally get.

So, while Wayne and Seth went to rehearsal, I took the girls to go look for snow. I knew the mountain roads would be inaccessible due to the icy and unplowed road, along with the crowds of people hoping to play in the snow. So we went to my favorite spot just 15 minutes above our house, Lytle Creek, where we found SNOW! It wasn't sticking, but it was falling, which is something neither girl had seen before. We drove until we found a little church on a side road that we could park at and then got out to experience the beautiful snowflakes.

At first the girls didn't want to get out of the van, for they were a bit unsure of what was falling out of the sky and it was the coldest they have ever felt. But, eventually I dragged them out and was even able to get Kya to catch some snowflakes on her tongue!




I really should stop trying to take self portraits, as I always end up looking horrible! But, I wanted to document that it was a girls day out in the snow, so here it is.

Next to the church, we found a little play set. Although the girls couldn't go down the slide or swing due to all the wetness, they had fun climbing up on it.
I see you!


Kya posing in front of our beautiful mountain side.

On the way out to do our errands, we stopped for a bite to eat where we got hailed on! What a fun day to experience so many types of weather. Rain, Snow and Hail!

No comments:

Blog Backgrounds