Walking the long walk from our van to the festival.
Once we got all the way to the corn maze, we realized we didn't have any cash and they didn't take credit cards. So I left the kids with Wayne and ran all the way back to the van to get our atm card. While I was at it, I was able to move the van to a much closer spot in the parking lot.
I told Wayne to take some pictures of the kids while I was gone and he was able to get this cool shot of them in the corn.
Then we had lots of fun getting lost in the corn maze. The kids had lots of fun trying to find their way out. Each child took a turn being the leader and we all had to follow them without complaint. Elsie was pretty tired at first, as she hadn't eaten lunch yet and it was close to her nap time. But, once it was her turn to be the leader, she perked right up and took charge. (she loves being in charge! LOL)

After the corn maze, we got some lunch from the vendors. We ended up getting a sausage sandwich that the students at Cal Poly made themselves. YUM! Kya took this picture of the four of us. She is actually a very good photographer. One day she got hold of my camera and took all sorts of pictures of her room and outside her windows. I should post them someday.
Then we headed over to the grassy area to listen to some music and taste some food/drinks in the student store.
Inside the store, they let the kids decorate some flat pretzels to look like jack-o-lanterns. These pretzels were sooo good and I will be making a trip back there some day to buy them.
Finally, we made our way over to the pumpkin patch! This picture of Seth does not do justice to how many pumpkins there were. This is only about 1/8 of them!
This kids kept asking me to take their pictures. Total cuteness!
I love how the pumpkins were laid out on this thick long grass and not dirt. Made posing for pictures that much easier and fun. Kya decided to just lay down in it for a while and I was able to capture this picture without her even knowing it.
We found a corner of the pumpkin patch on the other side of the hill that didn't have too many people and these big sunflowers.
Cute family eh?
I love this picture of Wayne. I think I am going to print it out and frame it, then put it on my nightstand.
We tried to pose the kids for some pictures, but it didn't work out well. The best pictures were ones I capture while they were playing.
Caught the two of them having a deep father/son discussion.
These sisters were in love with each other this day!
Playing tag in the patch!


1 comment:
What a fun pumpkin patch...far better than the ones we have nearby.
I can't imagine how exhausted you all must have been by the end of that day!
Post a Comment