Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter 2010

We had a wonderful day remembering and thanking God for the sacrifice He made for us. I am still in awe that He would send His only Son to earth to suffer and die for me, my family and the people of this earth. Praise the Lord, He is Risen!!!



We started out our morning by digging into our Easter baskets.
Excuse Elsie's nakedness, she has this habit of stripping off her pj's every morning before doing anything else.


Seth showing off his fire truck filled with fun & yummy stuff.

Then we got ready for church and had a wonderful time praising and worshiping our Father, before heading on down to my parents house.

We actually got a really good family picture! I love how Elsie had to hold onto my finger.


We made all the kids (all 11) stay inside the house, while all the parents (or the paparazzi) went outside with our camera's. Here is Elsie anxiously waiting to come out and hunt the eggs.


And they are off!


See all the adults with the camera's? I love it! There were sooooo many eggs, that every child had a FULL basket when they were done.



Cousins, Seth and Grace



More cousins, Caleb and Noah. My nephew, Caleb, would only pick up the orange eggs!


I found one mom! While all the kids ran out to the grass area to hunt eggs, Elsie stayed in the patio and had her own egg hunt without having to battle anyone else. Smart kid!


Kya looking beautiful has she finds her eggs.


I love how I was able to catch Wayne and all 3 of my kids hunting in one area. Mainly because for most of the time they were scattered all over the place.

My basket is all full!


My mom and brother. I don't know when the last these two took a picture together. Glad this one turned out nice.


The youngest cousin, Miss Karli, celebrating her 1st Easter. Isn't she adorable. Too bad I didn't catch her with her eyes open.



After the egg hunt and lunch, the kids (and a few adults) had a fun time playing together outside. Meredith received this hula hoop for for Easter and Elsie had a fun time watching her use it. Meredith is only 6 years old and she can rock the hula!


There was frisbee tossing while the kids ran around & watched, as well has the riding of a stick horse.


Seth and Noah also had a fun time riding trikes together on the grass and around the tables in the patio area.

While the teenagers and various adults mingled in the living room/dining room. Overall, it was a fun day for everyone and we were all thankful the rain didn't come until early this morning, even though we had to endure a long rolling earthquake. My mom said that if it had been the big one for us, that at least we were all together and had lots of food!

No comments:

Blog Backgrounds