Our first stop, after lunch, was the Studio Tour. This was the only original thing that we both remembered from our youth. And even though they have added a few things, some of the old stuff was still there.
Like the Flood scene....
...the parting of the red sea from the Ten Commandments, only they don't refer to that movie anymore.

....and of course Jaws!

The house from Psycho was also there when I was a kid, but now...

..they have a small skit at the Bates Motel with Norman Bates. They first show him carry a woman out of the motel room and him putting her in the trunk of his car. Then he gets his knife and starts heading toward our tram....but of course we escape before he can get to us!

The new things included the Desperate Housewives street/homes, an Earthquake reenactment and this scene from War of the Worlds.

This was supposed to be a picture of me with a view of the Studio Tour lot behind me, but all we really got was a picture of the city.

Wayne ended up missing the kids, so he went inside the Curious George kid play area. Really the only thing they had for kids!

and of course he enjoyed getting a bit wet by the misters under George's rocket ship!

Waterworld was a fun little show. Made me miss the days spent at the river jet skiing when I was younger!

All of the stunt men and women have also performed on such shows as Greys Anatomy, CSI, Law & Order, etc. Makes me wonder why they are now at Universal though.

After Waterworld, I put the camera away and didn't pull it out again, but we had fun riding on the two rides and seeing more shows. It was a great day to spend with my hunny and the kids had a wonderful time at their Grandparents house where they also got to play with their cousins and see their Great Grandparents.

1 comment:
What a fun date! We opted out of Universal with the kids too. But I'd love to do it with Jason. I'm already trying to figure out how I can do Universal Orlando and the new Harry Potter part when we make it to Florida one day. :)
Post a Comment