Kya's actual birthday isn't until Wednesday, but we spent the weekend celebrating her. I am still having a hard time accepting the fact that my "Oldest Baby" is going to be 5 years old! Where has the time gone? It is so fun watching the changes within her.
On Saturday, we allowed her to have her very first friends party. She had 4 little girlfriends over for a Spa day.
Every girl had a manicure....

...a pedicure.....

and their hair done.

Thankfully all the mom's stayed and helped with the pampering. It was so fun to see the colors that each girl picked out and how none of them picked the same color for their hands and feet. Blue polish seemed to be the favorite.

Then it was time for lunch. Four of the older girls sat together at one table, while the younger two sat together at another table.

They had peanut butter and jelly sandwiches cut into butterfly shapes (cute!) along with fruit, chips, vegi/dip and everyone's favorite....chocolate milk.


Then to keep the girls occupied with us mom's ate, I had made star shaped cookies on sticks the day before, which the girls then got to decorate with edible markers and frosting. Although, they all got very quiet while doing this project, it didn't keep them occupied for as long as I had hoped. lol Even Seth got to decorate one! (See him in the upper right hand corner)

Here they are drying. Of course, I had sprinkles for them, but I forgot to get them out. Oh well. Then, once they were dry, I put them into clear gift bags for them to take home. Fun!

Then it was time to head outside in the freezing cold to hit the pinata. Seth joined us for this too, as this is all he talked about for days. We didn't blindfold anyone, because I am pretty sure they would never have been hit the pinata if we did. As it was, everyone went once and some even twice and they still couldn't break the thing open. I ended up just tearing it open and dumping it out on the grass after awhile.
Here is Kya trying to give it a big 'ol whack. Isn't that a cute high heeled pinata?

Kattie was the oldest girl in the group (7 years old) and so she is a bit stronger than the rest. Check out the power behind her swing!

Everyone diving in to get their fair share of candy

I love how little kids love to surround the birthday child while opening presents. It is like they are all so excited to see what they are getting and to make sure they know which is from them. I will spare you all the pictures of her opening each gift! lol

I really wanted to make a cake that looked like a purse, but I couldn't find the cake mold anywhere and I didn't have time to order it online. So in the end, I just decided to do boring cupcakes, which I am actually glad about, because I had major trouble getting the icing to set up right and there is no way I could have decorated a cake with it turned out.

She was able to blow 4 outta 5 candles out in one breath! I was very impressed.

I really wanted to make a cake that looked like a purse, but I couldn't find the cake mold anywhere and I didn't have time to order it online. So in the end, I just decided to do boring cupcakes, which I am actually glad about, because I had major trouble getting the icing to set up right and there is no way I could have decorated a cake with it turned out.

She was able to blow 4 outta 5 candles out in one breath! I was very impressed.
************************************************************************************************************
On Sunday afternoon, we had a small family party. It was very simple and quiet and just what we needed after the busy day we had the day before. I just bought lasagna, a salad kit and rolls at Costco and a store bought cake a Ralph's. No mess, no fuss! I was actually planning on making another cake for the family party, but by Saturday night I was just too tired, so this was our first ever non-homemade cake an it turned out just perfect.
Look at how pretty my birthday girl looks with all her presents. She was so polite too. After opening each gift, she would go to the person and tell them thank you and how much she liked it.
On Sunday afternoon, we had a small family party. It was very simple and quiet and just what we needed after the busy day we had the day before. I just bought lasagna, a salad kit and rolls at Costco and a store bought cake a Ralph's. No mess, no fuss! I was actually planning on making another cake for the family party, but by Saturday night I was just too tired, so this was our first ever non-homemade cake an it turned out just perfect.
Look at how pretty my birthday girl looks with all her presents. She was so polite too. After opening each gift, she would go to the person and tell them thank you and how much she liked it.







1 comment:
What a pretty, sweet and well-mannered *almost* 5 year old you have! Her spa party with friends sounds absolutely adorable. When I first started reading I was wondering if Seth got to be a part of it. Glad he wasn't left out of the fun. ;)
Hope Kya has a great birthday week!
Post a Comment