Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas Eve

Knowing the Christmas day and the day after are going to be long, busy and fun days, we always try to keep Christmas Eve casual, carefree and just the 5 of us. Today after breakfast and chores, the kids and made cookies for Santa. Each child was able to pour in an ingredient, stir and drop spoonfuls of dough on the cookie sheet. I love that it is so easy to please toddlers/preschoolers.
Patiently waiting for the cookies to cool.

Later, after our naps and bath, Wayne told the story of Jesus birth using our Little People Nativity set.

I was surprised how much they actually got into to it. Wayne even asked them questions and they knew the answers. We are laying the foundation and continue to pray that they choose to ask Jesus Christ into their lives when they get to the age of complete understanding and accountability.


Then it was time for them to each open one gift from Daddy and Mommy. They each received a pair of Christmas pajama's.

Elsie, actually got two since they came together.


Then we ate pizza and opened our advent calendar. Yes, a quick and easy meal!


Next it was time to bundle up and head out to a local neighborhood to see their amazing Christmas light display. I don't know how they are able to convince all these neighbors to go all out, but they all do and we thank them for it. All month of December, you can find hundreds of cars driving or hundreds of people walking thru 4-5 blocks filled with tons of lights and decor. This is our second year of going on Christmas Eve and I think it will be one of our traditions. It is not as crowded and it is a nice thing to do as a family. I brought hot cocoa and we all ended up with sticky hands. I will have to remember to bring baby wipes with us in the future.
Here are just a few of the displays. Surfing Santa. This house was done up with like Hawaii. They made streams of water with blue lights, had flamingos in the grass, parrots in the trees, dolphins and even turned their large palm tree into a pineapple. I can't even remember all that they had!

Kya asked that I take this picture of her. Cute eh?



I saw Mama kissing Santa Claus..... Can you see me kissing him?


This house must have an airplane pilot and Disney fan for owners, because it was all done up with Disney characters and planes.

If we had come here in the beginning of the month, this would have made for a cute Christmas card picture!


Seth had to have his picture taken with these horses and of course his little sister wanted to join him.


Back at home the kids got into their new pj's and made up our plate of cookies and milk for Santa. I forgot to buy carrots (oops!), so we put out some horse chow for the reindeer instead. I am sure they will love it as they have to be tired of carrots all night....right?

Then it was time to read our last Christmas books of the season and to to bed.



And of course, mom and dad got busy helping Santa put out all the presents!

Have a very Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Blog Backgrounds