Friday, October 30, 2009

Kya's Preschool Fall Performance

This morning Kya had to be at school by 7:56am instead of her normal 10:29. This is because today was the last day of school for a month (year round school) and they combined the morning and afternoon classes. Needless to say it was cold and being that none of us are morning people, it was really hard to get out the door on time. In fact, I just dressed Kya for school and left the other two in their pj's. I have no idea how I am going to do this everyday next year when she goes to kindergarten.

Like I said, it was cold, so after standing outside for a while with Kya and her class before they went on in, these two ended up with purple lips and icy cold hands. When we got back to the van I remembered I had this quilt and covered them up. They were much happier and Seth even told me when we got home that his fingers didn't hurt anymore.
We had to be back at the school by 11:30, because Kya and the two classes were putting on a small presentation of songs they have been learning for all the parents. Here she is sitting on her rug all excited to see Mommy. She did a really good job singing and doing the hand motions for Wheels on the Bus and then all of a sudden she became very quiet during the next two songs. She would do all the right motions, but refused to sing or take her fingers out of her mouth. Then we were surprised by seeing Daddy in the class (we didn't think he would be able to get out of work) and she just perked right up. I really think she was upset when she thought her Daddy couldn't be there. I loved seeing how happy she was to have her entire family there to support her.

The last song was "10 Little Indians" and all the kids wore vests and headdress they had made.


My silly girl can never just smile for a camera. Wonder how long this will last?

No comments:

Blog Backgrounds