Monday, August 24, 2009

Cowboy Church

Friday night, Wayne and our friend Joe, took the kids to the rodeo. I already had previous plans with some girlfriends, so you know what that means...no pictures. I heard that they all had lots of fun, but didn't get to see too much of the rodeo thanks to having to chase Miss Elsie all over the place. Wayne even ran into an ex-girlfriend and her family. She has a little girl a few months younger than Kya, so she and Kya hung out quite a bit. Kya has become real good at finding little girlfriends wherever we go. She is our little social bug.

Since I didn't get to go to the rodeo and take pictures for our blog, I did the next best thing..brought my camera to Cowboy Church. Sunday morning, instead of going to our regular church, we went to the Cowboy Church where Wayne and Southland were leading worship. Cowboy Church is held at the rodeo's, so that all the cowboys, cowgirls and crew can have a place to worship since they are usually on the road and don't have time to go searching for a church.


Wayne, Roy, Kevin and Mike leading worship behind the grandstands.
Seth was their helper. He cannot wait to actually be able to play in Southland himself.

Rev. Bob Harris


Christian Cowboy Poet. I wish I could get a copy of the poem he recited. It was very touching.


The horses and bulls eating and roaming out in the arena.


After service, the kids couldn't wait to go over and check out the animals themselves.





Elsie wanted so badly to be inside the arena with all those bulls and horses. She was super quick and I would catch her trying to climb over the railings or even slide under them. For obvious reason, it would not be safe for her to be in there!


Our little Cowgirl




I can't believe I was actually able to get such a good picture of all 5 kids! Is this a sign that they are getting older? The two girls are Kassidy and Katie. They are the daughters of some friends we met at a cowboy church last year. Since then our families have really hit it off. It is so nice to have such good friends with so many things in common.


Katie taught Kya how to slide down the railings. She is wearing tennis shoes, because she out grew her boots and I haven't been able to find her a new pair yet. I only get the kids boots at either Target or Walmart, because I refuse to pay $50 for boot every year. At Target/Walmart, I can get them for $12 and of course, Elsie get Kya's hand-me-downs.


The bulls stayed far away from the people/kids, but the horses would all come up looking to be petted and of course food. It was pretty amazing to have over 30 horses come up to the railings.

A couple of cowboys deep in conversation. This is Wayne and Andy.

1 comment:

~aj~ said...

How unbelievably cool is cowboy church?! Looks like a lot of fun and even better knowing God was at the center of it all.

Blog Backgrounds