Wayne and Elsie on the Safari Jungle tram. I think I was trying to get their picture with the cheetah's in the background, but I obviously missed the cheetah's. Elsie decided to be a 'big' girl and walk most of the day, which is why she has on her backpack leash. I was very impressed at how well she did, considering it was hot and there are A LOT of hills.
Kya got kind of shadowed out in this picture of her on the tram with the giraffes in the background.

This is a very cool picture. (Click on it to make it bigger) Right in the middle of the picture where the grass slopes down into a valley, you can see a giraffe and an antelope having a "stare down" fighting for territory rights. Our driver/tour guide said they are two females and this how they protect their territory in the wild as well.

Wayne and Seth as we pull back into the loading dock. We had just passed the lion camp, but I wasn't quick enough to get a picture of the lions in the background.

Right next to the Lion Camp, was a mini water park for kids to play in. The kids got SOAKED and loved every minute of it. Had I remembered this was here, I would have brought a towel and bathing suits. It was probably a good thing I didn't remember, as it would have been one more thing to carry and besides it helped the kids stay cool and they dried off pretty quickly in the sun.



After playing in the water, we headed over to the Bubble Show. It was just a small show, showing us all the things one can do with soap and water. Seth said it his favorite part of the day! Go figure, we come to see the animals and he enjoys the bubble show.

Up on a hill next to the bubble show were a herd of elephants. Many of them had babies and one even looked to be less than a month old. He was super cute!




No comments:
Post a Comment