Thursday, December 11, 2008

Kya's School Winter Program

Last night was the Winter Program for Kya and her school. She practiced the words to the two songs all week here at home, as well as with her class. They had cute hand motions to go with the songs, as well as a little dance. I was so impressed at how well Kya did, she definitely has the natural ability to perform in front of others (gets it from her daddy). She remembered all the words to the songs, kept a smile on her face the entire time and did her dance perfectly. I think it is about time that I sign her up for a dance class, as I know she would LOVE it.

My only complaint about the night would have to be the other parents. The kids performed on a large stage at the high school, so they were up high and if you were sitting in the back of the auditorium, they were a little hard to see and hear. Luckily we arrived about 45 minutes early, so we were able to sit about five rows from the front. So the parents SWARMED the stage to take pictures and then stayed up there the entire time! I was so mad because we had a hard time seeing Kya during her first song. I understand being excited about your child performing and all, but come on don't be so rude! The principal did end up going on stage before the 2nd song/dance to tell the rude parents to sit back down so others could enjoy the show. So because of the stage being kind of far away and the lady blocking my view with her camera, I didn't get any great pictures.


My little princess, right before her big production.
Seth and Grandma waiting for the show to start.

Elsie was excited to see her big sister on stage.


But then started to get a tad tired. She also ended up with a low grade fever, which kept us up part of the night. Poor baby and those dang teeth cutting through.


Mrs. M getting the kids in place for their big show.


Almost ready to do their 1st song.


Since I didn't get any pictures of the actual performance, I had Kya redo her dance for us at home.



Seth decided he wanted to dance like his big sister too.

1 comment:

Supermomie said...

Becca loved doing dance. Kya would be so cute doing that.

Blog Backgrounds