Saturday, October 25, 2008

A friends 3rd birthday party

Today we helped celebrate Avery's 3rd birthday. Avery is the daughter of a friend of mine that I know from MOPS. I love her mommy, Aubrey, and totally respect her for her love for our Savior and her devotion to her kids. She is due to have her 3rd baby next month and I can't wait to love on him/her. The birthday party was at a park that we had never been to before. It was a nice park, but the jungle gym/slides were no where near the swings which was a bummer, because I like to swing Elsie while Kya & Seth run around on the jungle gym, but we couldn't do that since I obviously had to be near all 3 of my kids.

Check out the awesome cake Aubrey made! Kya said she wants a castle cake for her next birthday party, so you may be seeing this cake again in a few months, if I can get Aubrey's help.
Here is the birthday girl, little Miss Avery.

Mia is another friends daughter. She was facinated with Elsie and kept giving her hugs. Of course, when I went to take their picture, she stopped hugging her.
Mia and Kya hung out for a bit cooling down with their capi-sun drinks.
This was a cool little contraption. My kids aren't strong enough to really get it going, but they enjoyed it just the same. I wish Wayne was at the party, because I think he and I could have had fun on it!
I haven't told you about my adventure baby. Elsie is learning to climb on EVERYTHING. I witnessed her climbing up onto our high guest bed, found her in our bathroom sink after a bath one evening, she is always climbing onto the couches, chairs, tricycle or whatever she can find. I keep saying she is going to be our little mountain climber one day. At the park today, I could not keep her off of the stairs leading to the slides. She actually almost went down the round slide before I caught her. With two older siblings to keep up with, she doesn't realize that she is only 12 months old!



Elsie is almost walking completely on her own! She cruises all over the house by holding onto walls and furniture. Here she is showing off her walking skills. She took about 15 steps before falling down. It won't be long before I have 3 kids going in 3 opposite directions!



1 comment:

~aj~ said...

What a fun party! That cake is amazing. I can't believe she made it herself!

You couldn't have gotten any cuter pictures of Elsie's first steps. She is so adorable!

Blog Backgrounds