Friday, October 10, 2008

Elsie's 1st Birthday Party

We celebrated Elsie's 1st birthday last Saturday with our immediate extended family and a close friend who has kids the same age as ours. The theme was Cupcakes in bright pink, purple, white and pale pink. My friend Darcy is a cake decorator and so I asked her to make all the frosting to match the plates, then I made and decorated them myself. I must say it all turned out very cute.

Here is the birthday girl herself. She is wearing the same onesie that Kya wore on her 1st birthday. The ironic thing is that is was long sleeve and I asked my mom to turn it into short sleeves because October is usually hot here. Turns out that her party was on a very cold & rainy day. Go figure! At least it was warm in the house, so she could still wear it.
I wish I had a picture of myself as a baby, because it is scary how much she looks like I did in this picture. I will have to get a copy from my mom for comparison.
The beautiful bouquet of cupcakes. For some reason it looks really dark in this picture, but trust me they were really pretty.
The spread of yummy food.
Mason is my friends baby boy. He is 3 months younger than Elsie and about 5 pounds heavier! They were pretty cute together.
Abigail is Masons sister. Don't you just love her outfit!?! (Christina, can you save it for Elsie?LOL) I wish I had taken a picture of her, Kya and Seth playing together. She fits in so perfectly with my kids. Christina and I decided that we MUST get together more often. Too bad we live 2 hours from each other. :(

Hey, Aunt Tiffany....you gonna share any of that with me? tee-hee hee Looks like Cousin Grace is hoping for a bite too.
Everyone was amazed that Elsie was only 1 year, because she is my little adventurer. She loves to climb on everything, including this tricycle.
Cousin Erica is pushing Elsie along with her foot. Thanks for taking such good care of the kids! Present time!

She found it very exciting to be allowed to tear open all the wrapping paper. I think we may have a problem when it comes to the Christmas presents this year. oops!


Alright, cake time!

Bug eyed baby! I think she is getting a sugar high....

Here Grandpa, share my cupcake with me.

She ended up with icing all over her hair, in her ear & of course on her face. I must say she was very sweet smelling and I couldn't wait to give her a bath.
We love you baby girl and we hope you had a fun birthday.






1 comment:

~aj~ said...

Look at her go to town on that cake. I love it!

Blog Backgrounds