Sunday, July 5, 2015

Celebrating Independence Day at the PBR

On July 4th my kids had the opportunity to participate in the PBR (Professional Bull Riding) event. It was a real treat for them and something I am sure they will always remember. I was able to be behind the chutes for the first time and I have to say that I definitely prefer the grandstands for the following reasons: There is a whole lot of testosterone back there, things move really quickly, the bulls are HUGE and most of all it is almost impossible to see the rides unless your up on the cowboy grate.

My lil cowfolks a bit before the rodeo began.
Behind the scenes picture.  I was amazed how all the professionals would stand and stare at the bull they chose for the longest time.  I guess they were trying to figure out the bulls temperament, but who really knows.
The three bull calf riders and one of the mutton busters and their cute cowboy butts!
Kya and my parents in the grandstands waiting for the fireworks to begin.
One of the best firework shows we have ever seen!
Love the excitement on her face
I loved how the American flag was lit up and could be seen in front of the fireworks
Gorgeous shot of the full moon, flag and the calm after the storm.  It was truly very peaceful.
And I just have to show off the new sticker I made for the back of my van window!

No comments:

Blog Backgrounds