Monday, July 28, 2014

She Can See!!!

When Kya was a baby, she had a slightly droopy right eye.  When I asked her pediatrician about it, she said it was a lazy eye and that more than likely, Kya would outgrow it as she got older; which she did.  Then about 6 months ago, Kya started complaining about not being able to see very well out of her right eye and failed her eye test at her annual check up.  We took her to the Optometrist and what do you know....she has astigmatism.  So she now has to wear glasses while doing anything that requires concentration (during class, homework, watching movies, etc) and she couldn't be happier about it, since her best friend also wears glasses.  As her mom, my heart broke a bit when I learned of her having to wear glasses, because I fear that she may get made fun of at school, as kids can be mean.  I am grateful that we have the technology though to help care for her eyes and allow her to be able to see perfectly.  Either way, I think she looks absolutely beautiful!!!

No comments:

Blog Backgrounds