Friday, September 6, 2013

Cheerleader for a Day

Our local high school cheer squad held a fun fundraiser recently allowing the young girls (3-13) in our community to spend a week with the squad learning cheers & a dance routine and then performing at the first game of the season during 2nd quarter and half-time.  There were 41 girls total and most of them were either related to a cheerleader or a child of a district employee, which is the case with Elsie.

Kya didn't want to participate, but since it was such a fun experience, I am hoping they do it again  next year and then I will sign her up whether she wants to or not, because I think she would really enjoy it too.


There was no way anyone could wipe that huge smile off of Elsie's face.  She had the time of her life!






The grandparents came out to have dinner with us and cheer on Elsie.  I am so thankful to them, because I hadn't even considered how I would be with Elsie and take care of the other two.  They were so excited for their sister.



Each child was sponsored by a cheerleader.  This is Natalie who was super sweet to Elsie.

Elsie's naturally outgoing and super sweet personality won her over with a majority of the cheerleaders.  Here she is with the team captain.  We try to go back to most of the games and Elsie wears her outfit, stands at the railing and does all the cheers with them.  Too bad she can't go down on the field each game too.



Just after their performance. She is going to miss being carried around when she gets bigger!

No comments:

Blog Backgrounds