Friday, July 6, 2012

4th of July

Our 4th of July was pretty low key.  We started off the day by going to the movies to see Yogi Bear.  I love that Regal has their summer movie program, only charging $1 per person.  Of course, I do miss the free movies.  My family the performers!

Wayne ended up getting sick and spent the day in bed, while the kids and I just hung out at home.  :(  I was hoping to go up to the lake or creek or something, but I guess we will have to try for that next year.

After dinner we sat on our front porch and watch all the "illegal" fireworks.  Every town around us has outlawed fireworks and I sure wish they would do that here too.  Actually, it was voted and passed to be outlawed a few years back, but the court over turned it due to the local churches, team sports, schools, etc. making so much money off of selling fireworks.  I guess money out weighs safety. hmph!  Anyway, we don't buy fireworks or let our kids any where near them, but we do enjoy the show.
Oh, and for those that think that I am a stick in the mud, let me explain my reason for not liking personal fireworks.  When I was 9 years old, I was at the beach with some friends and some young adults lit a fountain firework right behind where I was sitting and burned my face.  Ever since then, I have had a fear of personal fireworks.

Our dog, Snuffy, was pretty frightened by the loud noise of the fireworks and found comfort in the girls arms.

Sitting on the front porch watching the show.

Check out how big these "Personal Fireworks" are!  I mean, these should seriously be in a professional firework show.


No comments:

Blog Backgrounds