Monday, February 27, 2012

Wii Dance Birthday Party

Kya received a Wii for Christmas, so we thought it would be fun to have a Wii dance party. I moved all the furniture up against the walls or out all together to create room for a dance floor and even hung balloons from the ceiling that reminded me of prom or something.

Here is the invitation that went out. Even though there was no ballet dancing, it was all I could really find to tie in the theme.
Microphone cupcakes that I found on Pinterest. Have you discovered Pinterest yet? If not, you are missing out on tons of ideas!
We did a taco bar for the lunch. I was able to make the meat the day before and just reheat it in the crockpot the morning of the party. It was super easy to put together and everyone loves tacos and/or taco salads. February was a very busy month for me and I never had the chance to make my own decorations, but thanks to Party City, I was able to buy some cute Rock Star streamers to decorate with.
Here you can see part of the baloon ceiling while Kya dances below. The Grandparents enjoyed just sitting back and watching the kids dance.
Except for this party Grandma! She got right out there and danced her heart out. Not sure what Kya is laughing about here.
Abigail busting out some great moves!
Abigail and Mason dancing to Just Kids Dance.
Elsie joins in on this dance too. Even though it was a dance party, I think half of the kids danced and then only to one or two songs. They preferred to play outside on the swing set and to ride the horses. LOL
Pinata Time! Seth was the one to break open the pinata with his rock hard hits, but Grace was the one to knock out the most candy.
Candy, Candy, Candy!!!
Check out all our loot!
Opening presents. This was the first year that she was able to read her cards all by herself. Just another sign she is growing up!

No comments:

Blog Backgrounds