Monday, August 8, 2011

First Day of School

Today was the first day of school for two of my kids. I still have a hard time getting used to school starting in August vs. right after Labor Day, but that is how it goes I guess. We now officially have a 1st Grader and a Kindergartner in the house! Before going to school, we took our traditional pictures with the chalkboard. Isn't this apple shaped chalkboard perfect for school pictures!

Kya is all ready for the 1st Grade. One thing she was excited about was being able to play on the *big kid* playground vs. in the fenced in kinder one.

Seth was super excited about going to Kindergarten and meeting new friends. This was a big step for all of us, as he has been home with me for his entire 5 years.

One of all three kids. Can't believe next year they will all be in school. I am really going to cherish this one on one time with Elsie. We started off "our" year with breakfast at Denny's and shopping.



1 comment:

~aj~ said...

I hope they are both loving school! For some reason I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around Seth being old enough for kindergarten already!

Blog Backgrounds