Thursday, August 4, 2011

Corona Del Mar

The day after getting back from visiting Doris, Seth had his 5 year physical and then we went to a local water park. (no pictures). On Thursday, we went down to the beach! Kya had been learning about sea life in her class, so I really wanted to take the kids to one of our tide pools. Unfortunately, I picked the wrong tide pool to go to and we didn't see too much sea life. We will have to try Cabrillo down in San Diego next time. This is where I went as a kid and there was a ton of things to see.

First, we found a spot on the beach to hang out for the day and enjoyed our picnic lunch. Then we ventured over to the tide pool area. To get here, you have to climb a bunch of rocks, which the kids found to be fun. They also enjoyed checking out the three little caves inside the back of the rocks.

Next we walked thru the shallow water over to the tide pools, but first we had to pose for a few pictures.





Kya pointing out some barnacles on the rocks. This is mainly what we did see! lol We also got to see a couple of hermit crabs and sea urchins.


If you look right in the middle of the picture below, you can see a sea urchin partially under water.


1 comment:

~aj~ said...

That is so neat that you live in a place where you can go on these kind of excursions. No tide pools in AR, that's for sure!

Oh and you mentioned on my blog about us coming to CA someday and we will definitely be doing that. I have family in Huntington Beach (an aunt that is very ill) and we're trying to figure out when we will be able to go and see them. Maybe next summer? I'll keep you posted!

Blog Backgrounds