Guests were greeted with balloons (even though 2 out 3 popped early on) and this sign that said *Let's Go To The Rodeo*. Click on picture to get a better look at the sign.

Seth and his friend, Reginald. There were five 5 year olds all excited to be going to kindergarten in a few weeks. Wish I had taken a picture of them all.

We had your traditional *Cowboy* food in our very own Cowboy Cafe. We had hamburgers, baked beans, fruit, chips, salsa, etc.

This was the first time we had a party outside and I really enjoyed it. The weather was perfect and it allowed us to do lots of fun activities.

A cute picture of the youngest guest, Ravi and his mommy.

My dad, the birthday boy and Aunt Karen.

Thanks to our pastor and Wayne, the swing set was finished only 2 hours before the party started! The kids really enjoy playing on it too.

And per Seth's request, we had a bouncer for the first time. This was his birthday present from us.

We did have one mishap. The bouncer deflated while the kids were inside, and due to a faulty cord, we weren't able to get it back up to get them out right away. Thankfully, all the kids were able to crawl towards the exit and get out safely. I called the company right away and they got it fixed back up.


Seth really wanted this interactive bouncer, because of this one piece inside that he is laying on. He calls it a bucking bull or broncing horse and since he was having a rodeo birthday party, we figured it fit in perfectly!

We brought our pony, Arasa, out for the kids to ride. She did really well, considering we left the other 3 horses in the back field and they kept whinnying for her. All but one child rode her and did great.


Pinata time! I re-used the pinata we had for Kya's party since it didn't get too badly damaged. I just covered the front/back with black paper and then added a horseshoe. It didn't turn out great, but really, all the kids care about is the candy inside right?

All the kids lined up waiting for their turn! I forgot to pass out their bags to collect the candy and it turned out to be a good thing, because no one charged when the candy fell, making it that much safer.

Grabbing all the candy they can!

Cake time! Seth blowing out his candles and making a wish.

With VBS, I just didn't have the time to make a cake this year. So I bought one at Costco, took off the flowers in the middle and rubbed the frosting around a bit to look like the dirt at the rodeo arena and added some of Seth's toys to look like cowboys riding at the rodeo.





No comments:
Post a Comment