Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas Eve Lights

On Christmas Eve, we invited my parents over for dinner and to join us in our annual tradition of walking through a local neighborhood all decked out in lights for the season. We ate winter stew before letting the kids open one gift each (pj's!) and putting out cookies and carrots for Santa and his reindeer. Then the kids put on their new jammie's and we headed on out.

Waiting to open their gift.
My parents and Wayne with the kids in front of one of the homes.

I love the sign "Dear Santa, I can explain"


Elsie just about drove me crazy with her purple obsession this night. She had to touch each and every purple light before we could move on.

Walking down the street. It turned out to be a bit warmer than years past, so the kids started to remove their scarves, hats and gloves throughout the night.


There was this one guy sitting out in front of his house dress up like Santa Claus! And much to my surprise, Elsie went right up to him and gave him a big 'ol hug while yelling "Santa, I'm not afraid of you anymore!" Too cute!!! And then the kids told him that there was some cookies waiting for him at our house. I hope my kids never stop believing. :-)


The kids wanted to pose with these cut out angels and I of course like the saying. "Peace On Earth".
By the time we got home, all 3 kids were sound asleep, making me that much happier that I had decided to put them in their jammies before we left the house. Then it was time for my mom and I to finish wrapping gifts and for Wayne to put together Kya's easel.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I really like those pictures from the Christmas Eve lights. Also, I would like the picture of me with Kya and Seth for my profile on FB

Blog Backgrounds