Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Wayne's Birthday and Huntington Beach

Today is Wayne's birthday and we had fun celebrating his life together as a family. The morning started off with Kya, Seth and I sneaking off to get donuts while Wayne and Elsie were still asleep. (Elsie made it very clear to me later on that she was mad we didn't wait for her to wake up. Oooops!) I told the kids to be remain quiet and to NOT wake up their Daddy....they didn't listen! They were so excited to celebrate with him that they had a very hard time being patient. Here they are waiting for Wayne to come to the table and trying real hard to not eat his donut. lol One Daddy came out they sang Happy Birthday to him. You can see by Wayne's face that he LOVES to hear his kids sing. I love to see how much Wayne enjoys being a Daddy. He said the best thing about his birthday, was being with his kids and seeing their excitement through out the day.

Make a wish!


After breakfast, we headed on down to Huntington Beach for the day. Even though I spent almost everyday at the beach as a child/youth, we have not been back to the beach since Kya was 6 months old. So we decided to to the total tourist thing before heading down to the water.
As most of you may know, Huntington Beach is known for its surfing and even calls itself Surf USA. In fact, the OP Pro (surf competition) will be happening at the end of this month and it is a HUGE event. Because of this, there are also many surf related things close to the pier, like these surfboards. They are not real surfboards, but made out of stone like statues. Anyways, here we are posting with the various types of boards (long, short, boogie)
Like my old lady cover up? lol Man, I remember the days of my youth when I used to walk around in a bikini with an awesome tan. Times have changed baby!
Next, we walked along the pier. This was a fun experience for the kids, but they ended up getting pretty cold, so we didn't hang out up there for too long.
This pelican had no fear of people.
Posing by the sand before I put the camera away for the day and we stopped looking like tourists. ha ha

I would have loved to get pictures of the kids in and near the water as they had sooo much fun and the crashing waves were beautiful, but I didn't want to risk damage to my camera or have to worry about it getting stolen while we were in the water. Maybe next time.
After the beach we got hamburgers for lunch and then headed home for a yummy steak dinner. Happy Birthday Wayne. I hope it was everything and more and that you have an awesome year!

No comments:

Blog Backgrounds