Sunday, May 2, 2010

California meets Colorado

Back when I was pregnant with my firstborn child, I joined Babycenter.com's February 2005 forum. This was a place for any woman expecting a child that month to go for questions, concerns and to just connect with other soon to be mommies. Many of us stayed on this board for a few years and went on to have more children. Throughout these years, we got to know each other pretty well, maybe even better than the friends we knew in our day to day real lives. We followed each other on our blogs and facebook after babycenter closed down. I am proud to call these women my friends.

Well, today, I was finally able to meet one of these mommies in person. Kristin and her beautiful family came to California for a Disney vacation and so we met up at Downtown Disney's Rainforest Cafe. With our two families combined, we were a party of 10! We have 3 kids each and have both been married for 6 years. Kristin was a total sweetheart and I am so glad that we finally were able to meet. The only down fall was that it was super hard to carry on any kind of conversation without one of our kids wanting our attention! Go figure huh? Excuse my goofy smile, but isn't Kristin just the prettiest girl? She is tall, sweet and has a very friendly smile.
Both of our husbands are New Orleans Saints fans, so I believe the majority of their conversation was about football. I should really ask Wayne to be sure though. Jason is also a very hands on daddy, which I just love.

And as you can see, little Miss Elsie adored Autumn. Luckily, Miss A has two big brothers, so she wasn't even fazed by Miss E hugging all over her.

And check out these handsome boys. Dalton reminds me of my Seth, super sweet and loving with a small quiet voice and he had no problem carrying on a conversation with me. Easton actually reminded me of Kya; funny how that worked out. Both Easton and Kya were tired and seemed to have a hard time sitting still and their emotions got the better of them a few times (is that a firstborn or 5 year old trait? lol), and they did talk to each other some, but I never really did catch what they were saying. I wish they both hadn't been so tired, because it would have been fun to see them interact a bit more. Maybe if/when they come back to CA someday!

All the kids ended up migrating towards Autumn. How could they not? She is such an easy going and cute girl.

We tried for a group shot all the big kids, but with 5 kids being 5 and under, these are the best pictures I was able to get. I can't wait to see how Kristin's turned out.



Doesn't Autumn just fit in perfectly with my family!?! Too bad her mommy and daddy didn't want to let her go! lol But honestly, I think I look good with 4 kids.

I was hoping to get a group shot of all 10 of us, but as you can imagine, that just was not going to be an easy task to accomplish, so we didn't even try! But I did get this picture of their family.


And Kristin took this one of ours. Cute eh?

And of course my kids just had to dance to the music!
Thank you sooo much Jason and Kristin for having dinner with us. Next time we will have to go somewhere where the kids can play so we can actually talk!

4 comments:

Jason said...

Awwww this post is just totally putting a big smile on my face. It was so lovely meeting up with you guys as well!!! I will probably echo all your same sentiments in MY blog. And guess what...NO meltdowns from EAston today! He said, "it's because I had such a long sleep". I think it was snacks. ;)

I'm sorry we didn't get a shot of all 10 of us. It didn't even cross my mind to get everyone because you're right, one kid or another seemed to be needing SOMETHING. I would so love to meet up again one day. What are you doing tomorrow? LOL

Jason said...

Oh whoops...that's me, Kristin. On Jason's laptop. :)

Jason said...

But this is Jason...it was great to meet your family. I feel bad that I didn't get to say thanks and farewell (Easton's mood wasn't permitting that). We really enjoyed hanging out for the short time we did...hopefully again someday.

Anonymous said...

After a little digging I found your blog thru Kristin's and got the low down on the visit since Kristin is being slooowww! LOL.

Looks like you guys had a wonderful time and I am a bit jealous. All the kids looked so cute together. What a wonderful time.

I don't know if you remember me but I was on babycenter as well. My five year old is Ranen and I am Jessica. I also have Micah and Kaiya. I think this is the first time I have commented on your blog. I enjoyed seeing your family.

Blog Backgrounds