Elsie poured in the mix. No, I did not make these from scratch. Three reason to be exact. 1) I don't like sugar cookies. 2) It is much easier this way. 3) I was able to get this bag of mix for FREE using my coupons. Normally I wouldn't buy them, but I figured since they were FREE it would be a good thing to get for a fun activity.
Kya poured in the egg.
and Seth put in the butter, as well as helped stir it.

We used these cute Maple Leaf and Acorn cookie cutters I received from my mentor mom last year.

The finished product before we decorated them.

***My Disclaimer: I had every intention of having these cookies look very Fallish. We went to Michael's while the cookies cooled to find some appropriate frosting, gel, sprinkles, etc. only to not find anything other than Christmas and the normal boring sprinkles. So I knew I had some white frosting at home and figured I could just tint it the colors of Fall Leaves (orange, yellow, red and brown) only to find that my yellow food dye was missing. Since it was just supposed to be a fun activity for the kids, we just stuck with red, green and blue frosting.***





2 comments:
I LOVE sugar cookies..they are my weakness during the holidays! That is why I do not make them until a few days before Christmas :o)!
We also had a failed fall suger cookie experience this week. Turns out I didn't make my dough right for actual cookie cutting...and I have THE cutest fall cookie cutters. Guess that means we'll be making more cookies next week. ;)
Your still looked delish! I'm glad the kids had fun with it.
Post a Comment