Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Pumpkin Patch with MOPS

Monday, my MOPS group went to the pumpkin patch held at this really cute historic mansion. The inside of the mansion is completely restored to resemble the 1800's, as is the non-working outhouse outside. They have a vegetable garden, goats, rabbits and chickens, as well as a working water pump. There are also orange groves, which when in season you can go and pick oranges for a fee. This place was super cute and I hope to go back with the entire family, as Wayne was at work and Kya in school.


I wish I had thought to take a picture of the entire house instead of just the porch, because it was super cute. This is the kind of porch I would like to have. Maybe I can convince Wayne to put in white wood railings and take down our rod-iron ones and paint our house green!
A group shot of all the kids.

We got to go on a hayride (minus the hay!) pulled by a tractor thru the orange groves. As you can see by the "green" oranges, they are not yet ripe.

Then each kid got to pick out their own pumpkin to decorate later.

Seth tried to get away with two!

All the kids enjoyed playing on this little horse and saddle.

But their favorite was this tractor. What a great group of kids!



Seth's decorated pumpkin. He was funny, because although he did the work himself, he was a little disgusted by the glue dripping onto his fingers.


This is Elsie's pumpkin. All girly in pink!


Elsie loved this little rabbit and he really liked her too. He would follow her all around the glass cage just checking her out and even popped up a time or two.. He actually "kissed" Seth on his forehead, which he thought was pretty neat.


Next door to the pumpkin patch was this little playground. We stayed there for a little while before heading out for some lunch. Because the kids are used to swinging in the baby swings and I wouldn't push them high on these, they decided to fly on their tummy's them instead.

2 comments:

Livin’ The Yeh Life’s said...

How fun! Where is this pumpkin patch? We always do Live Oak Canyon, but I'm up for something new!

Little Moos and My Creative Pink. said...

That looks like such a fun place.

I fixed the link on my blog but here is the direct link as well:
http://www.craftychatter.com/2009/10/surprise-blog-candy-giveaway.html

Mason is doing as well as can be expected right now. I am hoping he feels better soon... Talk with you later..

Blog Backgrounds