We started off by getting this large BBQ Chicken Pizza made on an extremely large piece of French bread.
Followed by these oh so yummy Funnel Cakes! mmmmmmmm
I only had a couple of bites, but oh my were they delicious. I wanted to get a BBQ Corn, in fact it was all I talked about for months before the fair, but I was way to stuffed. Now I am regretting not getting it, because they are so good.

These two skinny kids of mine DEVOURED this funnel cake. Literally, it was "Now you see it, Now you don't". This was their first funnel cake and I am sure we made fans out of them.

When I told Kya that we were going to the fair, the first thing out of her mouth was "I am going to ride the pony's and Grandma is going to let me." What? I was cracking up for two reasons. 1. she remembered the pony's from last year and how Wayne and I wouldn't let them ride due to them being so expensive to ride and we have our own horses to ride for crying out loud. 2. The fact that she said "Grandma" will let her, shows me that she has her Grandma's number. If Mommy says no, just ask Grandma! As you can see by the pictures below, she was right and Grandma did indeed buy the kids tickets to ride the pony's.
Kya riding Lil Jim

Seth riding Peanut

Elsie riding Shorty

Our next stop was Centennial Farms. Here they got to see lots of animals including Cows, Sheep, Goats, Chickens, Chicks, Rabbits, Pigs, etc.
Kya's favorite were the baby chicks inside of this little hen house. One even pecked her little finger, but it didn't hurt.

That dark figure in the right corner is a black sheep. Seth liked it until it started baaaing loudly.

Checking out the fat little piglets. Kya and Seth even got to pet them some!

I was cracking up at these family pictures, because after we took them, I noticed a sign saying that the plants behind us are Tobacco! and None of smoke.

Then we had our parents join us for another picture. We all look to be pretty far away, but otherwise it turned out cute.

I snapped this picture of Elsie interacting with my dad. She kept trying to put his hat back on his head. It just looks so peaceful here in the gardens.
We also hooked up with some friends for a bit. Jolee is a couple of years older than Kya and last year she was being little Miss Bossy towards Kya. This year though, Kya became the Little Boss and dragged Jolee all over the place. All the kids wanted to hold Jolee's hand, but Elsie finally settled in on holding Kya's. They walked around like this for a while. Cute eh?

Next on stop was watching Weird Al's 3-D Brain. Really was a lame movie about how the brain works, but Kya told me later that she liked it. Good, at least I wasted some time for a reason huh?

Lastly, we found our way to the Kid Zone. I wish we had found it earlier in the day, as it was a hit with all the kids. They got to play in a giant sand box, have story time, hammer nails into wood, build all sorts of things with Lego's, etc.
As you know, Kya loves to make things in sand. She also made a little friend to play with for a while.

Just a shot of the sand box and I still couldn't get it all into the picture. Pretty cool!

Seth played in the sand box some, but he preferred story time and building things with Lego's more.
Elsie on the other hand fell asleep during the movie and stayed that way for most of the Kid Zone.

Seth riding Peanut

Elsie riding Shorty

Our next stop was Centennial Farms. Here they got to see lots of animals including Cows, Sheep, Goats, Chickens, Chicks, Rabbits, Pigs, etc.
Kya's favorite were the baby chicks inside of this little hen house. One even pecked her little finger, but it didn't hurt.

That dark figure in the right corner is a black sheep. Seth liked it until it started baaaing loudly.

Checking out the fat little piglets. Kya and Seth even got to pet them some!

I was cracking up at these family pictures, because after we took them, I noticed a sign saying that the plants behind us are Tobacco! and None of smoke.

Then we had our parents join us for another picture. We all look to be pretty far away, but otherwise it turned out cute.

I snapped this picture of Elsie interacting with my dad. She kept trying to put his hat back on his head. It just looks so peaceful here in the gardens.

We also hooked up with some friends for a bit. Jolee is a couple of years older than Kya and last year she was being little Miss Bossy towards Kya. This year though, Kya became the Little Boss and dragged Jolee all over the place. All the kids wanted to hold Jolee's hand, but Elsie finally settled in on holding Kya's. They walked around like this for a while. Cute eh?

Next on stop was watching Weird Al's 3-D Brain. Really was a lame movie about how the brain works, but Kya told me later that she liked it. Good, at least I wasted some time for a reason huh?

Lastly, we found our way to the Kid Zone. I wish we had found it earlier in the day, as it was a hit with all the kids. They got to play in a giant sand box, have story time, hammer nails into wood, build all sorts of things with Lego's, etc.
As you know, Kya loves to make things in sand. She also made a little friend to play with for a while.

Just a shot of the sand box and I still couldn't get it all into the picture. Pretty cool!

Seth played in the sand box some, but he preferred story time and building things with Lego's more.

Elsie on the other hand fell asleep during the movie and stayed that way for most of the Kid Zone.



3 comments:
Looks like fun! We wanted to go, but never made it :(
Wow! Looks like a lot of fun! I'm bummed I missed it this year. I didn't know they had that large sandbox and storytime? Where have I been? Mmmm funnel cakes are the best! Great pics of your hubby's band too ☺
Sorry about the corn, but funnel cakes are sooooo much better. Aren't moms great???
Post a Comment