Saturday, April 18, 2009

First Pool Day of 2009

Kya found her swimsuits on Tuesday and hasn't stopped asking to go in the pool ever since. Even when it was 58 degrees with extremely cold winds outside, she would say "it isn't cold or windy, let's go in the pool". Well, today it is a balmy 84 degrees, so I agreed they could go on in . I blew the pool up, sprayed sunscreen on the kids and let them have at it while I washed the van. Kya jumped right in and started swimming like a fish, but Seth and Elsie were a bit more hesitant. I don't blame them, as the water from the hose is freezing!

Once Seth and Elsie did get in they complained of it being too cold. Seth climbed out and Elsie stood there frozen just crying.
Elsie chose to not go back in, but enjoyed touching the water from outside the pool. Seth eventually warmed up to the idea and played in the pool for a short while. Kya continued to swim around like a fish and pretend to be a mermaid.
Once they decided to get out they all were freezing thanks to the cold wind that picked up. I wrapped them up in towels and sat them in the sun, while I finished cleaning the van. It was so nice to be able to wash the van and not have to sit right next to the pool waiting to catch a potentially drowning baby. I am loving having 3 toddlers/preschoolers.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

My brain cannot even understand being able to swim in the yard in mid-April. :) But maybe that's because of the SNOW ON THE GROUND here.

We cannot wait for warmer weather! We're ready to swim too! And Easton will also pretend he's a mermaid. Not a merman. Don't ask.

~aj~ said...

I'm telling ya, kids are CRAZY to just be able to jump in freezing cold water like that. Adam LOVES doing that and it still shocks me every time.

Glad your kiddos loved it so much!

Blog Backgrounds