Friday, February 13th we took the kids to the dentist for their bi-annual check up. Both Kya and Seth did really well at having their teeth x-rayed. Unfortunately, we found out that Kya has 6 cavities! OMG, I was shocked and very upset. I know that Kya has the type of mouth that is prone to getting bad breath and tartar, so I am always extra careful at making sure I brush her teeth well. I wasn't keeping up though on flossing and all 6 cavities are in between her molars. So we are flossing twice a day and got rid of all fruit snacks. Now we have to save up money to get her cavities filled. Due to her age and fear of having the dentist even look in her mouth, we will be having her put to sleep. Not a fun thing for us parents, but something we feel is necessary and we know it will be much easier on her.

Seth had perfect teeth and was a champ at having his teeth cleaned. Of course, as he gets older and his molars come in, we will have to work on flossing with him too.
Elsie did really well for her 1st visit. Of course, she did not like being held down for the dentist to exam and clean her teeth, but what 16 month old does.
2 comments:
Oh my goodness, I have not even take Abigail for her 1st check up. I was just telling John that I need to get her in soon. Noelle had several cavities when she was around 5 and then at around 9. Both times I had her sedated and you are right it is no fun. I was pretty scared and I was there with her all by myself. Now she is much older and still has anxiety over the dentist. She had to have cavities filled two years ago and need laughing gas. I hope she outgrows that anxiety, but then again I have it too! Look forward to seeing you on Sat.
Oh, poor Kya! Adam is having his first x-rays next month and I'm a bit scared since we don't floss like we should. EEEK!
I hope the cavity filling goes well for her...bless her little heart.
Post a Comment