Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas Eve

Today was a very laid back day. The kids played, Wayne worked with the horses and I wrapped the Christmas gifts. Then tonight I picked up two pizza's from Little Cesar for dinner before we headed over to Thoroughbred Street in Alta Loma to check out their Christmas light display. There were about 4-5 blocks of homes that went all out. Due to the rain, we drove through instead of walking, which is what we had originally planned and would have enjoyed much more so that we could have seen the kids expressions better. Oh well, we always have next year.


One of the homes with their Christmas decorations. The picture doesn't do it justice, but you get the jist. I didn't take any more pictures because I was driving and because those that were walking would have been in my pictures.
Then we came home and put a sleeping Elsie to bed, while Kya and Seth laid out the cookies & milk for Santa Claus and carrots for his reindeer under our tree.

A close up picture of Santa's treats.
I told the kids that Santa Claus will be traveling all over the world and needs a snack because he will be mighty hungry from his travels. After his snack, he will leave presents under the tree and fill their stockings. I can't wait to see their faces in the morning, as the tree was empty when they went to bed and is now filled with gifts. Also, I didn't even pull their stockings out until they went to bed and I am not sure they remember them from last year.
Also, after Thoroughbred Street I gave Seth & Kya hot cocoa and Wayne read The Night Before Christmas to them. All I have to say is that they were wired! Especially Seth, who kept jumping on our bed while I was trying to make it and then talked up a storm and cried when it was time to go to sleep. He finally crashed at 10pm! Kya went to bed earlier, but tossed & turned until 9:15pm. Remind me to never tell them Santa is coming again. LOL
I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and I will post more about our Christmas tomorrow night.

No comments:

Blog Backgrounds